Autotech smart encoder with Ethernet option provides a 12 bit absolute encoder position over EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP/IP. In both cases the encoder acts as a server (or slave). In Modbus the position information is available in holding register 400001. In case of EtherNet/IP, the encoder is configured as a generic Ethernet module with 2 in, 2 outputwords, and the position is read from input word #1.
A free running counter is provided, which is updated frequently. By reading the counter, and comparing the previousand new values, user can ascertain the working of the encoder.
- Servo or Face mount
- 15 lb. Axial/Radial shaft load
- 1/4" stainless steel shaft
- 2 Single row bearings with shaft seal
- Up to 720 count/rev resolution
- NEMA 4/4X Hosdown construction
- 10-30VDC Power ET7272 Line drive outputs short circuit proof
- NEMA 4 cable fitting